- Bhattathiripad was born on March 26, 1896 to Thuppan Bhattathiripadand Sridevi Andarjanam on the banks of river Nila in south Malabar.
- Vellithuruthi Thazhathu Karutha Patteri Raman Bhattathiripad(1896-1982), popularly known as V. T. Bhattathiripad or simply V. T.
- He was an Indian social critic, well-known dramatist and a prominent freedom fighter who was a key figure in removing casteism and conservatism that existed in the Namboothiri community.
- He belonged to the family of Agnihotri on his father’s side and had the lineage of Adi Sankara on his mother’s side.
- He encouraged widow marriage in the Brahmin society and tried to reform the conservative practices of the “Namboodiri community”.
- He conducted the first mixed-race marriage in the Brahmin society.
- In 1930 V. T. Bhattathiripad wrote his play Adukkalayil Ninnu Arangathekku the first play in Malayalam to have a definite and concrete social objective.
- The V. T. Bhattathiripad College in Sreekrishnapuram, Palakkad district, is named after him.
- He Died on February 12, 1982 at the age of 85.
Important Questions on V.T. Bhattathiripad
1. Full Name of V.T. Bhattathiripad – Vellithiruthi Thazhattu Karutha Patteri Raman Bhattatiripad
2. Born on – 26 March 1896
3. Born at – Mezhathur
4. Father – Thuppan Bhattathiripad
5. Mother – Sreedevi Andarjanam
6. Who Propagated Mixed Caste Marriage in Brahmin Society – V.T. Bhattathiripad
7. V.T. Bhattathiripad was one of the prominent members of – Yogakshema Sabha
8. Yogakshema Sabha was founded on – 1908 (Aluva)
9. First President of Yogakshema Sabha – Deshamangalathu Sankaran Namboothiripad
10. The mouthpiece of Yogakshema Sabha – Mangalodhayam
11. The Slogan of Yogakshema Sabha – Make Namboothiries into Human beings
12. Founder of Namboothiri Yuvajana Sangam (1919) – V.T. Bhattathiripad
13. The mouthpiece of Namboothiri Yuvajana Sangam – Unni Namboothiri
14. The drama “Adukkalayil Ninnum Arangathekku” was written by – V.T. Bhattathiripad
15. The drama “Adukkalayil Ninnum Arangathekku” was first performed at – Edakkunni (1929)
16. The leader of Yajana Yathra – V.T. Bhattathiripad
17. Yajana Yathra was conducted on – 26 April 1931
18. Yajana Yathra was conducted from – Thrissur to Chandragiripuzha (Kasaragod)
Aim – Education of the Poor Children
19. Autobiography of V.T. Bhattathiripad – Kannerum Kinavum
20. The winner of Kerala Sahithya Academy Award in 1972 – V.T. Bhattathiripad
21. Died on – 12 February 1982
22. Major Works of V.T. Bhattathiripad
a. Kannerum Kinavum
b. Adukkalayil Ninnum Arangathekku
c. Rajani Rangam
i. Satyamennathu Ivida Manushyanakunnu
23. Winner of V.T. Memorial Award 20ll – Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiripad
24. Winner of V.T. Memorial Award 2012 – Dr. K.Srikumar
25. The V.T. Bhattathiripad College is situated in – Sreekrishnapuram (Palakkad)