- Mannathu Padmanabhan was a social reformer and a freedom fighter from the State of Kerala.
- He is recognised as the founder of the Nair Service Society.
- Mannathu Padmanabhan was born in Perunna village in Changanacherry on 2 January 1878.
- Father: Eswaran Namboothiri of Nilavana Illam, Mother: Mannathu Parvathy Amma
- In 1893 Padmanabhan began his career as a teacher in a Government primary school.
- From 1905 he changed his profession and started practising law.
- In 1914 he established the Nair Service Society.
- His main ambition was to uplift the status of the Nair community.
- From 1915 he became full-time secretary of the Nair Service Society.
- In 1924 he took part in the Vaikom Satyagraha.
- On November 1, 1924 to support Vaikom Satyagraha, Savarna procession was set out from Vaikom to Trivandrum under the leadership of Mannathu Padmanabhan.
- In 1947 he became a member of the Indian National Congress.
- In 1949 Padmanabhan became a member of the Travancore Legislative Assembly.
- He was honoured with the title Bharata Kesari by the President of India.
- Sardar K M Panicker called him ‘Madan Mohan Malavya of Kerala’.
- Mannathu Padmanabhan was the person related to Muthukulam speech of 1947
- He also received Padma Bhushan in 1966.
- He died on February 25, 1970 at the age of 93.
- Mannam memorial is located at NSS Headquarters Changanacherry.
- ‘Reminiscences of my life’ is the English translation of the autobiography of Mannathu Padmanabhan.
Important Questions on Mannathu Padmanabhan Pillai
1. Mannathu Padmanabhan was born on : 2nd January 1878
2. The birthplace of Mannathu Padmanabhan: Perunna (Kottayam)
3. Father name ? : Eeshwaran Namboothiri
4. Mother name ? : Parvathiamma
5. Wife name ? : Thottakadu Madhaviamma
6. NSS was formed in : 31 October 1914
7. The founder of NSS : Mannath Padmanabhan
8. The Headquarters of NSS is situated at : Perunna (Kottayam)
9. NSS was formed on the model of : Servants of India Society(Gopala Krishna Gokhale)
10. NSS was earlier named as : Nair Brithyajana Sangam
11. The mouthpiece of NSS : Service
12. Service started its edition from : Karukachal (Kottayam)
13. The year which NSS was registered under Indian Companies Act : 1925
14. The name Nair Brithyajana Sangam was suggested by : Kappana Kannan Menon
15. The first President of NSS : K.Kelappan
16. The first Secretary of NSS : Mannath Padmanabhan
17. The first treasury of NSS : Panagattu Kesavapaniker
18. Nair Brithyajana Sangam took the name NSS in : 11 July 1915
19. The name NSS was suggested by : K.Paramupillai
20. The first school of NSS started in : Karukachal ( Kottayam)
21. The first principal of Karukachal NSS School : K.Kelappan
22. The first College of NSS started in : Perunna (Kottayam)
23. The first Karayoga of NSS started in : Thattayil (Pathanamthitta)
24. The year in which All Kerala Nair Meeting was started : 1916
25. The song “Akhilandamandalam” is written by : Panthallam K.P.RamanPillai
26. Mannath Padmanabhan was nominated to Sree Moolam Prajasabha in : 1921
27. Savarna Jadha was led by : Mannath Padmanabhan
28. Savarna Jadha conducted from : Vaikom to Trivandrum
29. Savarna Jadha was organised as a part of : Vaikkom agitation
30. Vaikom Memorial was submitted to : Rani Lakshmi Bhai
31. The President of Guruvayoor Sathyagraham Committee : Mannath Padmanabhan
32. The Secretary of Guruvayoor Sathyagraham Committee : K.Kelappan
33. Mannath Padmanabhan become INC member in : 1947
34. The famous “Muthukulam Speech” related to : Mannath Padmanabhan (1947)
35. Mannath Padmanabhan become a member of Travancore Legislative Assembly in : 1949
36. The first President of Travancore Devasaom Board : Mannath Padmanabhan
37. Vimochana Samaram(Liberation Struggle) was in the year : 1959
38. Who lead the Jeevasikha Yatra as a part of Vimochana Samaram : Mannath Padmanabhan
39. Jeevasikha Yatra conducted from : Angamali to Thiruvananthapuram
40. The causes of Vimochana Samaram(Liberation Struggle) : The introduction of an education bill
41. The leader of Vimochana Samaram(Liberation Struggle) : Mannath Padmanabhan
42. The name Vimochana Samaram suggested by : Panampalli Govinda Menon
43. The movement caused the dismissal of the first Communist Government (31 July 1959) ?: Vimochana Samaram(Liberation Struggle)
44. The party formed by Mannath Padmanabhan and R.Shankar was ?: Democratic Congress Party
45. The association founded by Mannath Padmanabhan with the help of R.Shankar ?:Hindu Mahamandalam
46. Who is known as “Bharath Kesari” : Mannath Padmanabhan
47. Who got the degree of “Bharath Kesari” from the Indian President : Mannath Padmanabhan (1959)
48. Mannath Padmanabhan got Padma Bhushan in : 1966
49. Mannath Padmanabhan Died on : 25th February 1970
50. Where is Mannath Samadhi situated : Perunna (Kottayam)
51. Who is known as Madhan Mohan Malavya of Kerala : Mannath Padmanabhan
52. Who gave the title of Madhan Mohan Malavya of Kerala : Sardar K.M.Paniker
53. The founder of Nair Samajam : Mannath Padmanabhan
54. The founder of Kerala Nair Samajam : C.Krishna Pillai
55. The party started by NSS : National Democratic Party
56. The Present General Secretary of NSS : G. Sukumaran Nair
57. The Autobiography of Mannath Padmanabhan : Ente Jeevitha Smaranakal
58. The novel written by Mannath Padmanabhan ?: Snehalatha
59. Which year Kerala Government declared Mannam Jayanti as public holiday : 2014
60. Mannam Jayanti is celebrated on : 2nd January
61. Njangaluda F.M.S Yatra was the work of ?: Mannath Padmanabhan
62. he only social reformer to speech in Malayalam on British Broad Casting Corporation(BBC): Mannath Padmanabhan
63. Mannam Sugar Mills is situated at : Panthallam (Pathanamthitta)
64. The year which Indian Postal Department published postal stamp of : 1989
65. The first women member of Kochi legislative assembly ?: Thottakadu Madhaviamma