701. Who was the founder of Khudai Khitmatgars (Servants of God)?
(a) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
(b) Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
(c) Nawab Abdul Latif
(d) MA Jinnah
702. Who was the founder of Muslim League?
(a)MA Jinnah (b)Agha Khan
(c) Liaqat Ali Khan (d) Muhammad Iqbal
703. Who was the founder of the Pakistan national movement?
(a)Iqbal (b) Jinnah
(c) Rehmat Ali (d) Aga Khan
704. Who was the last Governor General of British India?
(a)Rajagopalachari (b) Lord Wire 11
(c) Lord Mountbatten (d) Lord Linlithgo
705. Who was the leader and inspirer of the Young Bengal Movement?
(a)Tagore (b) SN Bannerjee
(c) H V Derozio (d) None of these
706. Who was the political guru of Gopal Krishna Gokhale?
(a)Dadabhai Navroji (b) WC Bannerjee
(c) SN Bannerjee (d)M.G Ranade
707. Who was the political guru of Subhas Chandra Bose?
(a) Chittaranjan Das
(b) Aurobindo Ghosh
(d) Dadabhi Navroji
708. Who was the president of INC when India got independence?
(a)Rajendraprasad (b) Maulana Azad
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru (d) JB Kripalani
709. Who was the president of INC when it split in the Surat session in 1907?
(a)Rash Behari Ghosh (b) GK Gokhale
(c) AC Majumdar (d) MM Malavjya
710. Who was the president of INC when the resolution for complete independence 1929?
(a)Jawaharlai Nehru (b) Lajpath Rai
(c)Motilal Nehru (d) Chitharanjan Das
711. Who was the president of Indian National Congress when it launched Quit India Movement?
(a) Subash Bose
(b) JB Kripalani
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) Abul Kalam Azad
712. Who was the prime minister of England when India got independence?
(a) Winston Churchill
(b) Ramsay Me Donald
(c) Clement Atlee
(d) Neville Chamberlain
713. Who started Brahma Samaj of India alters the schism in Brahma Samaj?
(a) Iswar Chandra Vidhya Sagar
(b) Keshav Chandra Sen
(c) Athmaram Pandurang
(d) None of these
714. ‘Prabudha Bharat’ was a paper published in English by:
(a) Louis Vivian Derozio (b) G.H. Deshmukh
(c) Swami Vivekanand (d) Swami Dayanand
715. The brave heroine of Nagaland during the civil disobedience movement:
(a) Begum Hazratmahal (b) Rani Gaidulu
(c)Rani Lakshmi Bhai (d) Rani Parvathi Bhai
716. During the decline of Mughal Empire, the Jats were organized into a political force by:
(a) Rajaram (b) Churaman
(c) Badan Singh (d) Surajmal
717. The founder of ‘Mahila Rashtriya Sangh’:
(a) Lathika Ghosh (b) Sarala Devi
(c) Preethi Vadekar (d) Kasturba Gandhi
718. The founder of ‘Sathysodhak Samaj’:
(a) Ranade (b) Eswar Chandra Vidyasagar
(c) Jotiba Phule (d) Athmaram Pandurang
719. The Indian association was established in 1876 in:
(a) Bombay (b) Pune
(c) Allahabad (d) Calcutta
720. The leader who escaped from the custody of the British and went to
Germany secretly to met Hitler:
(a) Chempakaraman Pillai (b) Rash Behari Bose
(c) Subhas Chandra Bose (d) None of these
721. The Maratha Chief, Sambaji was executed during the reign of:
(a) Jahangir (b) Shah Jehan
(c) Aurangzeb (d) Mohabbat Khan
722. The mutiny of 1857 failed because:
(a) The British have powerful arms
(b) The British outnumbered the Indians
(c) Of the lack of proper planning and leadership
(d) It was premature
723. The name of Colonel Sleeman is associated with:
(a) The Sind Campaign (b) The abolition of Thuggees
(c) The campaign against Pindaris (d) None of these
724. The place where the first war of independence was led by Kunwar
(a) Bareilly (b) Faizabad
(c) Jagdishpur (d) Kanpur
725. The Radical Democratic Party was formed in 1940 by:
(a) N.D.Majumdar (b) S.C.Bose
(c) B.R.Ambedkar (d) M.N.Roy
726. The repeated invasion and plundering of Nadir Shah gave a death blow to:
(a) Vijaya Nagar empire (b)Mughal Empire
(c) Maratha power
(d) Delhi Sultanate
727. The resolution passed by Indian National Congress in ____ at its Madras Session lay down that the declaration of Fundamental Rights should be the basis of future Constitution of India.
(a)1927 (b) 1928
(c) 1929 (d) 1930
728. The seat of Gaekwad was:
(a) Pune (b) Baroda
(c) Nagpur (d) Indore
729. The seat of Holkar was:
(a) Indore (b) Pune
(c) Nagpur (d) Baroda
730. The significance of the third Carnatic War:
(a) Caused the defeat of Marathas
(b) End of Anglo Maratha War
(c) End of Political power of French in India
(d) Tipu Sultan was defeated
731. The symbol of 1857 revolt:
(a) Rose and Bread (b) Lotus and cow
(c) Rose and Lamp (d) Lotus and Bread
732. The treaty of Aix-la-Chappelle is associated with:
(a) First Carnatic War (b) Second Carnatic War
(c) Third Carnatic War (d) Seven Years War
733. The First Anglo-Burmese War was fought during the period:
(a) 1820-22 (b) 1824-26
(c) 1828-30 (d) 1834-36
734. The First Anglo-Afghan War (also known as Auckland’s Folly) was fought
between British India and Afghanistan from 1839 to ____
(a) 1842 (b) 1840
(c) 1841 (d) 1844
735. The First Anglo-Sikh War was fought between the Sikh Empire and the
British East India Company between :
(a) 1840 and 1841 (b) 1842 and 1844
(c) 1845 and 1846 (d) 1848 and 1849
736. Under whose Chairmanship Indian Education Commission 1882 was
(a) Charles Wood (b) Lord Curzon
(c) W.W.Hunter (d) Lord Lytton
737. Which commission recommended for the adoption of a famine code for India?
(a) Campbell Commission 1868 (b) Macdonnel Commission 1898
(c) Strachey Commission 1880 (d) Lyall Commission 1901
738. Which is considered by academics abroad to be the Indian equivalent of
(a) Presidency College, Kolkata (b) Christian College , Chennai
(c) Ferguson College (d) Madras Presidency College
739. Which of the following events occurred first?
(a) Chinese Revolution (b) Quit India Movement
(c) Division of Bengal (d) Formation of Constituent Assembly
740. Which of the following occupies the most important place in the history of social and religious reforms in India?
(a) Arya Samaj (b) Brahma Samaj
(c) Deva Samaj (d) Prarthana Samaj
741. Which of the following was known as ‘Indian Gladstone’?
(a) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (b) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Gopal Krishna Gokhale (d) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
742. Which organization is led by ‘Ten Principles’?
(a) Buddhism (b) Jainism
(c) Christianity (d) Arya Samaj
743. Which war has been described as ‘Dupleix’s private war’?
(a) Second Carnatic War (b) Second Sikh War
(c) Second Anglo-Maratha War (d) First Carnatic War
744. Who among the British Generals defeated Peshwa Baji Rao I?
(a) Outram (b) Malcom
(c) Elphinstone (d) Kitchener
745. Who among the following is related to Tirunelveli Conspiracy case:
(a) Vanchi Iyer (b) T.K.Madhavan
(c) E.V.Ramaswami Naiker (d) G.S.Iyer
746. Who compared the Dandi March to Napoleon’s March to Paris from Elba?
(a) Dadabhai Naoroji (b) Lala Lajpath Rai
(c) Subhas Chandra Bose (d) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
747. Who founded Bethune College in Kolkata?
(a) Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar (b) Raja Ram Mohun Roy
(c) Surendra Nath Bannerjee (d)Rabindranath Tagore
748. Founder of Benarus Hindu University:
(a) Lala Lajpath Rai (b) Vivekananda
(c) Raja Ram Mohun Roy (d) Madan Mohan Malavya
749. In which year Numismatic Society of India was established at Allahabad?
(a) 1908 (b) 1910
(c) 1912 (d) 1914
750. M.A.O. College later became:
(a) Benarus Hindu University (b) Aligarh Muslim University
(c)Delhi University (d) Magadh University