61. Sanjay Gandhi National Park is in:
(a) New Delhi (b) Mumbai
(c) Chennai (d) Allahabad
62. The hottest period all over India:
(a) 3 p.m. (b) 1 p.m.
(c) 12.30 p.m. (d) 1.30 p.m.
63. Palitana in Gujarat is famous for the worshipping places of —— religion.
(a) Buddhism (b) Jainism
(c) Parsi (d) Hinduism
64. The first Asian country to start Community Development Project:
(a) China (b) Pakistan
(c) India (d) Bangladesh
65. Chandranagar was formerly a ….. colony:
(a) British (b) Dutch
(c) Portuguese (d) French
16. Jog falls, the highest waterfall in India is situated in the river:
(a) Cauveri (b) Sharavati
(c) Godavari (d) Krishna
67. The Danish East India Company was formed in 1616. ……… in Tamil Nadu coast was their main centre.
(a) Tranquebar (b) Pondicherry
(c) Chandranagar (d) Goa
68. Antarctica Study centre in India is situated at:
a) Goa (b) New Delhi
(c) Visakhapatnam (d) Tutucorin
69. The old name of ‘Rashtrapathi Bhavan’:
(a) Viceregal palace (b) Executive Mansion
(c) Imperial Palace (d) none of these
70. Pragathi Maidan, which is famous for trade fairs, is situated in:
(a) Bangalore (b) Chennai
(c) New Delhi (d) Mumbai
71. In which Indian state Asia’s first oil refinery was established?
(a) West Bengal (b) Maharashtra
(c) Assam (d) Gujarat
72. The place which is known as the “Mecca of temple architecture”:
(a) Tanjavur (b) Khajuraho
(c) Mahabalipuram(d) Ellora
73. Longest tributary of Indus:
(a) Jhelum (b) Chenab
(c) Sutlej (d) Ravi
74. Namdapha Tiger Reserve is in the state of:
(a) Assam (b) Meghalaya
(c) Manipur (d) Arunachal Pradesh
75. In Uttar Pradesh, the seat of High Court is:
(a) Allahabad (b) Lucknow
(c) Kanpur (d) New Delhi
76. In which year Indian National Congress approved the Basic Education System propounded by Gandhiji?
77. In which year was the Champaran Satyagraha?
78. Name the Governor General who introduced Doctrine of Lapse:
79. The first British Viceroy of India:
80. The first woman President of the Indian National Congress:
81. The town bombarded by Vasco da Gama during his second visit as the local ruler refused to expel Muslim traders from there:
82. Who repealed the Vernacular Press Act?
83. Who was the Viceroy when Indian Penal Code was brought into effect?
84. Who was the Viceroy when Queen Victoria was declared as the Empress of India in 1877?
85. In India, the death anniversary of Gandhiji is observed as:
86. The famous leader whose birthday falls on the birthday of Lal Bahadur Shastri:
87. Who was the Congress president when Jawaharlal Nehru was appointed as the chairman of the National Planning Committee constituted by INC?
Subhas Chandra Bose
88. Who was selected as the second person to observe individual satyagraha in 1940:
89. In which year Mahatma Gandhi became the president of Indian National Congress:
90. Jawaharlal Nehru attended Congress session as a delegate for the first time in 1912. It was held at:
91. Jawaharlal Nehru became the President of the Indian National Congress for the first time in:
92. Jawaharlal Nehru Port is situated at:
93. Jawaharlal Nehru was born in 1889 at:
94. Which state was given the status of ‘associate state’ in 1974?
95. Who was the President of Indian National Congress during the Quit India movement?
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
96. In which railway station of South Africa, Gandhiji was thrown out of a train?
97. Who was the president of India when Bangladesh was formed in 1971:
98. Lal Bahadur Shastri is the first Prime Minister to born in the 20th century. He was born in:
99. The jurist who gave the verdict in Gandhi assassination Case:
100. The second President of Indian National Congress: