- Vakkom Mohammed Abdul Khader Moulavi, popularly known as Vakkom Moulavi.
- Moulavi was born on 28 December 1873 in Vakkom, Chirayinkil Taluk, Thiruvananthapuram in Travancore to parents Aash Beevi (Mother) and Muhammad Kunju (Father)
- He was the founder and publisher of the newspaper Swadeshabhimani on 19 January 1905, which was banned and confiscated by the Government of Travancore in 1910 due to its criticisms against the government and the Diwan of Travancore.
- Moulavi had learnt many languages including Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Tamil, Sanskrit and English.
- Moulavi is considered as one of the greatest reformers in the Kerala Muslim community, and is sometimes referred to as the “father of Muslim renaissance“.
- He founded the Travancore Muslim Mahajana Sabha in Thiruvananthapuram.
- He exhorted the Muslims to discard all un-Islamic practices and play an active part in modern progressive movements.
- He also popularised Arabic – Malayalam by publishing an Arabic-Malayalam monthly called Al Islam.
- The Vakkom Moulavi Centre for Studies and Research started in the memory of Vakkom Moulavi.
- He died on 23 August 1932 aged 59.
3. House name: Poonthran Vilakam Veedu
4. Father: Muhammad Kunju
5. Mother: Aash Beevi
6.Vakkom Muhammed Abdul Khadar Moulavi is also known as: Vakkom Moulavi
7. Father of Muslim Renaissance in Kerala : Vakkom Muhammed Abdul Khadar Moulavi
8. Vakkom Moulavi Published the journal “Muslim” in : 1906
9. Vakkom Moulavi Published an Arabi- Muslim journal Al-Islam in : 1918
10. Vakkom Moulavi Published the journal “Deepika” in : 1931
11. The journal in which Malayalam translation of Quran was published : Deepika
12. The founder of the newspaper Swadeshabhimani: Vakkom Moulavi
13. The newspaper Swadeshabhimani was established on : 19 january 1905 (Anchu thengu)
14. The first editor of the newspaper Swadeshabhimani: C.P.Govinda Pillai
15. Ramakrishna Pillai took over the editorial charge of Swadeshabhimani on : 1906
16. The year which Swadeshabhimani newspaper office was moved to Thiruvananthapuram: 1907
17.The newspaper Swadeshabhiman has Banned on : 26 December 1910, Reason – Criticisms against The Government and Diwan of Travancore, King – Sreemoolam Tirunal, Diwan of Travancore – P.Rajagopalachari
18. The founder of All Travancore Muslim Mahajanasabha: Vakkom Muhammed Abdul Khadar Moulavi
19. The founder of Muslim Ayikya Sangam (1922): Vakkom Muhammed Abdul Khadar Moulavi
20. Muslim Ayikya Sangam is situated in Kodungallur
21. The founder of Islamic Publishing house: Vakkom Muhammed Abdul Khadar Moulavi (1931)
22. Major works of Vakkom Muhammed Abdul Khadar Moulavi: Daussabah, Islamic Matha, Sidantha Samgraham, Islamic Sandesham, Ahlu Sunnathuwal Jamaath, Surat ul Fathima
23. Died on: 31 October 1932
24. Founder of Vakkom Maulavi Foundation Trust: K.M.Bashir
25. Vakkom Maulavi Foundation Trust is situated in Thekkummoodu (Thiruvananthapuram)
26. The first Winner of the Vakkom Maulavi Foundation Trust’s N.A.Karim Award: P.V.Rajagopal
27. Vakkom Maulavi Centre for Studies and Research: Calicut