ഇന്ത്യൻ ഭരണഘടന എങ്ങനെ തയ്യാറാക്കിയെന്നും ഇത് സംബന്ധിച്ച് PSC ചോദിക്കാൻ സാധ്യതയുള്ള ചോദ്യങ്ങളും ആണ് ഈ നോട്ടിൽ ഉൾപ്പെടുത്തിയിരിക്കുന്നത്.
A document with a code of laws which checks both the ruler and ruled is known as the constitution.
- The idea of a constituent assembly for India was put forward for the first time by – M.N. Roy.
- Indian Indian National Congress demanded constitution assembly for the first time in -1935
- The constituent Assembly was constituted in – November 1946
- The constituent assembly was constituted under the scheme formulated by the cabinet mission plan
- The elections to the constituent assembly where held in – July – August 1946
- In the constituent assembly election, Indian National Congress won – 208 seats.
- In the constituent assembly election 296 seats allotted to the British Indian provinces.
- In the constituent assembly election the Muslim League won – 73 seats.
- In the constituent assembly election Independence got – 15 seats.
- In the constant assembly election princely states decided to stay away from the election.
- The first meeting of the constituent assembly held on- December 9 1946.
- The first meeting was attended by – 211 members
- Who elected as the temporary president of the constituent assembly – Dr sachidanand Sinha.
- On 1946 December 11 Dr Rajendra Prasad was elected as the President of the constituent assembly.
- Who was the vice president of the constituent assembly – H C Mukherjee.
- Who was appointed as the constitutional advisor – B N Rao
- In the constituent assembly who moved the objective resolution – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Objective resolution moved on the constituent assembly on – 1946 December 13
- The objective resolution adopted by the constituent assembly on – January 22 1947
- The modified version of the objective resolution forms the Preamble of the present constitution.
- The final session of the constituent assembly held on – January 24 1950.
ഭരണഘടനാ നിർമ്മാണ സമിതിയുടെ പ്രവർത്തനം സുഗമമാക്കാൻ വേണ്ടി 8 മേജർ കമ്മറ്റികൾ ഉണ്ടായിരുന്നു.
There were 8 major committees in the constituent assembly:
The 8 major committees –
Union powers committee
Union constitution committee
Provincial constitution committee
Advisory Committee on fundamental rights and minorities
Rules of procedure committee
ഭരണഘടനാ നിർമ്മാണ സമിതിയിലെ Major Committee കൾക്ക് ഓരോ ചെയർമാൻമാരും ഉണ്ടായിരുന്നു. അത് ചുവടെ ചേർക്കുന്നു.
Committees and Chairman
Union powers committee – Jawaharlal Nehru
Union constitution committee – Jawaharlal Nehru
States committee – Jawaharlal Nehru
Provincial constitution committee – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Drafting committee – Dr BR Ambedkar
Advisory Committee on fundamental rights and minorities – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Rules of procedure committee – Dr Rajendra Prasad
Steering committee – Dr Rajendra Prasad
ഇവ കൂടാതെ Advisory Committee on fundamental rights and minorities കീഴിൽ രണ്ട് സബ് കമ്മറ്റികളും ഉണ്ടായിരുന്നു.
The sub committees under the Advisory Committee on fundamental rights and minorities are – Fundamental rights sub committee headed by J B Kripalani and Minorities sub committee headed by H C Mukherjee.
The drafting committee consisting of – 7 members
Drafting Committee Members:
1 – Dr. BR Ambedkar
2 – N gopalaswami ayyangar
3 – Alladi Krishnaswamy Iyer
4 – Dr K M Munshi
5 – Sayyid Muhammad Saadullah
6 – N Madhava Rao
7 – T T Krishnamachari
- The draft of the Constitution was passed on – November 26 1949
- The number of Constituent Assembly members signed on the constitution – 284
- Dr BR Ambedkar is recognised as the father of the Constitution of India. He is also known as chief architect of the Constitution of India and the modern Manu.
- The cradle of democracy – Greece
- Largest written constitution – Indian constitution
- The oldest constitution – American constitution
- The smallest written constitution – American constitution
- Example of Countries with unwritten constitution – Britain Israel
- The first meeting of the constituent assembly as a sovereign body where held on -1947 August 14
- Important women on the constitution assembly -Sarojini Naidu, Hansa Mehta, Durgabai Deshmukh
- Article 32 is known as the heart of Indian constitution
- Jawaharlal Nehru referred Preamble as the soul of the constitution.
- The layout of the constitution was done by – Nandalal Bose
- Cabinet mission -1946
- Members of the cabinet mission – Pethik Lawrence, stafford cripps & AV Alexander
- Cabinet mission headed by – Pethick Lawrence
- The constituent assembly constituted in – November 1946
- Total strength of the constituent assembly – 389 (296 seats from British Indian provinces & 93 from princely states)
- The first meeting of the constituent assembly attended by – 211 members
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad chaired the constituent assembly when it met as a constituent body
- GV mavalankar chaired the constituent assembly when it met as a legislative body.
- The number of Malayali members in the constituent assembly is – 17
- How many times the Preamble of Indian constitution amended – 1
- Number of Constituent Assembly members from Travancore – 6
- Number of Constituent Assembly members from Cochi -1
- Number of Constituent Assembly members from Malabar – 9
- Number of Constituent Assembly members from United province – 1
- The Malayali women members of the constituent assembly – Ani mascreen from Travancore, Ammu Swaminathan from Madras, Dakshayani velayudhan from Madras
- The constitution assembly took 2 years 11 months and 17 days to make the constitution.
- Who is considered as the father of fundamental rights – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
- Who is considered as the father of Directive principles – Sapru
- Who is considered as the father of fundamental duties – Swaran Singh
- At the time of adoption of Indian Constitution it contains 395 articles 22 parts and 8 schedules
- Now Indian constitution contain 448 articles in 25 parts and 12 schedules
- The date of commencement of the Indian Constitution – 1950 January 26 ( to commemorate the Purna Swaraj day, 1930 January 26 )
- The Lahore session of the Indian National Congress in 1929 decided to celebrates Purna Swaraj day on 1930 January 26
- Who is the principal draftsman of the constituent assembly – SN Mukherjee
- What are the provisions of the constitution that came into force so after its adoption – Citizenship, Election, Provincial parliament.
- The objective resolution declared India as a independent sovereign Republic
- Constituent Assembly members after partition – 299 ( 229 from British India and 70 from princely states)
- Congress demand constituent assembly in its – Fezpur session
- The common feature in Indian constitution and the American constitution – Supreme Court to interpret the constitution.I
- India adopted federal system due to – Linguistic and regional diversity.