- Ayillyath Kuttiari Gopalan was a popular Indian Communist leader.
- He was born in 1904 at Peralasseri in Kannur.
- In 1927 he joined Indian National Congress and actively participated in Khadi Movement.
- He was arrested for participation in Salt Satyagraha in 1930.
- In 1931 he became the Volunteer Caption of Guruvayoor Sathyagraha which held in order to open Guryvayoor Temple to all Hindus.
- In 1937 he led a hunger march from Kannur to Madras. 39 persons participated in this march.
- In 1939 AKG joined Communist Party of Kerala.
- AKG played an important role in the formation of Indian Coffee House.
- First Indian Coffee House in Kerala was started at Thrissur on 8th March 1958.
- AKG was the first leader of Opposition in Loksabha.
- AKG was elected to Loksabha thrice from Kasargod Loksabha Constituency.
- AKG died on 22 March 1977.
- AKG day is celebrated on March 22 in every year.
- His tomb is situated at Payyambalam Beach in Kannur.
- The National Headquarters of CPI(M) in Kerala is also called as AKG Center.
- Indian Postal Department published a commemorative postal stamp on AKG on 1st October 1990.
- The Malayalam Film AKG was directed by Shaji.N.Karunan was based on the story of AKG.
- The first communist leader who has his statue in Indian Parliament.
Important Question on Ayyathan Gopalan
1. Born in – 1904 October 1
2. Born at – Peralasseri (Kannur)
3. Full name – Ayillyath Kuttiari Gopalan
4. Father – Madhavi Amma
5. Mother – 2 November 1863
6. Wife – Susheela Gopalan
7. Who is known as The Crusader of the Down-Trodden – A.k.Gopalan
8. The year in which A.K.G Joined Indian National Congress – 1927
9. The year in which A.K.G arrested for participation in Salt Satyagraha – 1930
10. The Volunteer Captain of Guruvayoor Satyagraha – A.K.G
11. The leader of “Kshethra Satyagraha Yathra” (In connection with Guruvayur Satyagraha) – A.K.G
12. The leader of Thiruvannoor Cotton Mill Strike – A.K.G (1935)
13. The leader of Hunger March – A.K.Gopalan, In – 1936, From – Kannur to Madras
14. The year in which A.K.G become the Secretary of Kerala Communist Party – 1944
15. The founders of Calicut Labour Union – A.K.G and Krishnan Pillai
16. A.K.G was elected to Loksabha from – Kasaragod (1952)
17. The First Communist Opposition leader of the Loksabha – A.K.G
18. Who played a major role in the formation of Indian Coffee House – A.K.G
19. First Indian Coffee House in Kerala was started at – Thrissur (8 March 1958)
20. The Autobiography of A.K.G – Ente Jeevitha Kadha
21. Major Works – For Land, Work in Parliament, Around the World
22. Died on – 22 March 1977
23. A.K.G Day – March 22
24. A.K.G Tomb is situated at – Payyambalam Beach (Kannur)
25. A.K.G Memorial Library and Cultural Centre is situated at – Thalookkara Village (Malappuram)
26. The National Headquarters of CPI(M) – A.K.G Bhavan
27. A.K.G Bhavan is situated in – Delhi
28. The State Headquarters of CPI(M) in Kerala – A.K.G Center (Thiruvananthapuram)
29. A.K.G Statue is situated at – Kannur
30. The Malayalam film “AKG – Athijeevanathinte Kanal Vazhi” was directed by – Shaji.N.Karun
31. In the film “AKG – Athijeevanathinte Kanal Vazhi” the role of A.K.G was done by – P.Sreekumar
32. The year which Indian Postal Department published postage stamp in the memory of A.K.G – 1 October 1990